Before starting the article, let me give you a brief description of all the Entries.
|3||B.Sc. NURSING (F)||17-25|
|8||TERRITORIAL ARMY (M)||18-42|
|11||JAG ENTRY (M/F)||21-27|
|12||SCO SCHEME (M)||28-35|
|13||PC SL (M)||UP TO 42|
|15||VETERINARY CORPS (M/F)||21-32|
In the above table, you can see M or F or both written against each entry in a bracket. M means Male, and F stands for FEMALE. It means that if only M is written against any entry, then that entry is for MALE candidates only. Similarly, if F or M/F is written against any entry, then only FEMALE or MALE and FEMALE both can apply for that specific entry.
The age shown in the rightmost column is at the time of commencing of course of that specific entry and not at the time of filling of forms.
Before starting this article, if you want to know about-
- NDA, TES, UES, and NCC ENTRY then click on the link HERE
- B.Sc. Nursing, CDS, and AFCAT then click on the link HERE.
8. TGC (TECHNICAL GRADUATE COURSE)
- Through this entry, Unmarried Engineering Graduate Male candidates can get permanent commission in the INDIAN ARMY ONLY.
- To get the commission in the INDIAN NAVY, there is another similar scheme called SNAES.
- Engineers who wish to join the AIR FORCE can apply for the AFCAT exam.
Engineers of the following Branches are eligible to apply for TGC entry (according to TGC 129 notification):
- Civil (including mining/ construction)
- Electrical or Electrical & Electronics
- Automobile/Workshop Technology
- Food Tech/BioTech/Bio-Medical Engg
- Chemical Engg
- Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Comn/Satellite Comm.
- Metallurgy & Explosives/Metallurgical Engg
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engg/Industrial Engg & Mgt/Production
- Electronics/Opto Electronics/Fibre Optics/Micro Electronics & Microwave
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation
- Architecture/ Building Constr Technology
- Computer Sc & Engg/Computer Technology/Info Tech / M.Sc
- Computer Sc
Eligibility Criteria for TGC Entry:
A candidate must be either a:
(i) Citizen of India, or
(ii) subject of Nepal, or
(iii) subject of Bhutan, or
(iv) Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India
- Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
2. Age Limit to apply for TGC Entry:
Candidates must be 20 to 27 years old.
Note: The date of birth recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary School Examination Certificate or an Equivalent Examination Certificate on the date of submission of application will only be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
3. Educational Qualification required for TGC Entry:
- Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
- Candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by the date stated in the official notification and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at the Indian Military Academy (IMA).
- Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA, as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in the case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
How To Apply For TGC Entry?
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under the Dashboard. A page Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments:
- Personal information, Communication details, Education details, and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
- After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of your details, click on ‘Submit Now’.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the final closure of the online application on the last day.
Type Of Commission In TGC Entry:
(a) Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later, and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during the training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(b) Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training, cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(c) Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
9. JAG (JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL) ENTRY
- JAG is a special entry for both male and female law graduates. Any law graduates, who want to join the Indian army judge advocate general branch can apply through this entry.
- There won’t be any written exam, if shortlisted, you will directly face the SSB Interview.
- The course will begin at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Eligibility Criteria for JAG Entry:
Candidate must be a citizen of INDIA.
2. Age Limit for JAG Entry:
- Candidate must be of the age between 21 to 27 years.
- The date mentioned in the matriculation certificate will be considered as final. No other document will be accepted for age declaration and no further change request will be entertained.
3. Educational Qualification required for JAG Entry:
The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with the Bar Council of India/ State. Candidates having studied in the college/ university which is not recognized by the Bar Council of India will not be accepted.
How To Apply For JAG Entry?
- Visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
- On the officer’s row, click on Apply/Login.
- There you will find registration. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions and fill up your basic details.
- After entering your details, the website will show you the list of entries available for you.
- Now submit the application after checking the entire application form again, save the application and take 2 printouts of the application for future use.
ALSO READ: “How to crack NDA written exam in 1st attempt?”, then check this out. https://www.defencexp.com/how-to-crack-nda-exam-in-1st-attempt/
Thanks for reading the article. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask. You can comment on the site or mail me. You can find my g-mail id at the top of the article.