NSA is a quite significant official of Indian bureaucracy. He has tons of responsibilities on his shoulder. Moreover, he is also responsible for the internal and external security of the nation. Let us have an intuite knowledge share, pertaining to the present NSA, Ajit Doval, KC.
When there’s “Conflict of Interest”, It is better to be powerful.
What Does NSA Mean?
The National Security Advisor is the senior official of the National Security Council of India. Moreover, he is the chief adviser to the Prime Minister of India on national security policy and international affairs. Ajit Doval is the current NSA and has the same rank as a Union Cabinet Minister.
NSA is an active member of Defence Planning Committee, Strategic Policy Group, and the National Security Council. Moreover, he is the chairperson of the former two.
Where Is The NSA’s Office?
He sits at the Secretariat Building, New Delhi, India. The appointments committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appoints the NSA. He is one of the most esteemed bureaucrats of India. Moreover, NSA has a strategic eminence in bolstering national security interests.
Facts You Should Know About NSA Ajit Doval
- Ajit Kumar Doval, Kirti Chakra, is the 5th and current National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister of India.
- Doval was born in 1945 in Ghiri Banelsyun village in Pauri Garhwal in Uttarakhand. Doval’s father, Major G. N. Doval, was an officer in the Indian Army.
- He previously served as the Director of the Intelligence Bureau in 2004–05, after spending a decade as the head of its operation wing.
- Doval is also regarded as an instrumental figure in the Revocation of the special status of J&K. He himself went to Kashmir to witness the aftermath of the former. He is a retired member of the Indian Police Service.
Early Educational Life & Qualifications
- He is an alumnus of Rashtriya Military School Ajmer, Agra University, Kumaon University, and Amity University.
- He has got an honorary doctorate for his contribution to the field of strategic and security matters, in science and in literature.
- Doval joined the Indian Police Service in 1968 in the Kerala cadre as the ASP of Kottayam district. He was ardently involved in anti-insurgency operations in Mizoram and Punjab.
Significance Of Doval in Indian Geopolity and Defence
- NSA Ajit Doval has played a good role in intelligence for Sikkim’s merger with India.
- He went to Kandahar to negotiate the release of the passengers of Indian Airlines IC-814. Uniquely, he has the experience of being involved in the termination of all 15 hijackings of Indian Airlines aircraft from 1971–1999.
- In the headquarters, he headed IB’s operations wing for over a decade and was founder Chairman of the Multi-Agency Centre (MAC), as well as of the Joint Task Force on Intelligence (JTFI).
- Doval has remained actively involved in the discourse on national security in India.
Doval, An Intellectual Being
- Besides writing editorial pieces for several leading newspapers and journals, he has delivered lectures on India’s security challenges and foreign policy objectives at several renowned government and non-governmental institutions, security think-tanks in India and abroad.
Achievements Achieved Under NSA
- Doval played a crucial role in ensuring the secure return of 46 trapped Indian nurses. Bollywood movie, ‘Tiger Zinda Hai’ is speculated to be based on the same.
- Doval, on a top-secret mission, flew to Iraq to calibrate the position on the ground. Meticulously, he made high-level contacts in the Iraqi government.
- As a result, ISIL militants handed the nurses to Kurdish authorities at Erbil city and an Air India plane specially-arranged by the Indian government brought them back home to Kochi.
- Along with Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag, Doval planned a cross-border military operation against the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-K) separatist operating out of Myanmar.
- Accordingly, the mission was a success. Bluntly, mission reports killing of 20-38 separatists, belonging to the Nationalist Socialist Council of Nagaland.
As a matter of fact, he holds the credit for the doctrinal shift in Indian national security policy in relation to Pakistan, switching from ‘Defensive’ to ‘Defensive Offensive’ as well as the ‘Double Squeeze Strategy.’ Ostensibly, September 2016 surgical strikes in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir are credited to his brainchild.
A Game Changing Player
- He has taken myriad steps to secure the national integrity of the nation. Be it the Balakot airstrike, or successful retraction of Wing Commander Abhinandan from Pakistan, he has been there. Moreover, he has undertaken a plethora of successful bilateral talks with many countries. Appreciably, he is playing a significantly eminent role amid the contemporary India-China standoff.
- Doval has spent 7 years of his life as an undercover agent in Pakistan! Apparently, this is an obscure fact for many today also.
Awards & Honors
- Doval was the youngest police officer to receive the Police Medal for meritorious service.
- He is an awardee of the President’s Police Medal.
- Doval is a holder of KIRTI CHAKRA. As a matter of fact, he became the first police officer to receive a medal previously given only as a military honor.
- He is popular in media as India’s real-life James Bond.
- As a matter of fact, he is also known as the Chanakya of modern India!
In A Nutshell
NSA Ajit Doval had rendered his selfless service to the nation. He has made a magnanimous change in the perspective of dealing with any threat. He himself has been a paradigm of the same.
Many times, when we were in need, he came up with a solution. Balakot, Uri, and the list go on. He is truly an ace. Our country should be proud of such a gem.
The quote below explicitly states his message to our adversaries. This quote is transitional as per the need of the hour, and can be replaced by Tibet!
You do one more Mumbai, you lose Balochistan!