Two Terrorists Behind The Assassination Of Territorial Army Soldier Killed

Two terrorists responsible for the assassination of Havaldar Mohd Saleem Akhoon of the Territorial Army (TA) were eliminated in a joint operation on Sunday.

AK series rifles and other arms and ammunition were recovered from the duo.

According to an official statement, a joint operation was launched on April 10 based on information that two terrorists were hiding in a house in Semthan Bijbehara village of the Valley.

While searching the target house, terrorists hiding inside opened indiscriminate fire on the search parties. All civilians trapped in the gunfire were evacuated to safety and the operation was halted for the night.

After ensuring that all civilians are safe, the operation resumed Sunday morning and both the terrorists were killed in the exchange of fire.

Two AK series rifles and other arms and ammunition were recovered from the possession. The terrorists who were killed were identified as Towseef Ahmad Bhat and Aamir Hussain Ganie. Towseef was active since 2017 and Aamir had joined terrorist ranks in the year 2018.

Akhool, the Territorial Army soldier, who was on leave, was shot dead by terrorists in the Bijbehara area of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday evening. He was a soldier of 162 Inf Bn TA (Ikhwan) and was on leave from March 22 for 40 days.

The postmortem was conducted on the bodies and they were handed over to the family members.

Wanted Naxal killed in an exchange for fire with DRG in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada

A Naxal, carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head was killed in an exchange of firing between Maoists and Dantewada District Reserve Guard (DRG), in a forest area between Gaadam and Jungampal villages on Sunday.

One 8 mm pistol, a country-made gun along with 2 kilogramss of IED and other items have been recovered from his possession, P Sundarraj, IG Bastar said.

After the scuffle, the body of the Maoist identified as Vetti Hunga was recovered from the spot.

According to sources, more Maoists are suspected to have been either killed or injured as per the sources.

Earlier this afternoon, five vehicles engaged in the construction of a water treatment plant (WTP) in Bijapur district of the state were set ablaze by the Naxals.

The incident took place under Naimed police station limits, where armed ultras reached the site of the plant being built on the bank of Mingachal river to supply potable water to Bijapur town. The armed naxals threatened to halt operations at the plant and set fire to the vehicles before fleeing, according to an official.

On Thursday, Rakeshwar Singh Manhas, a CoBRA jawan of the Central Reserve Police Force’s (CRPF) who was kidnapped by Naxals during the Bijapur ambush on April 3, was released by the Maoists. Manhas had done missing after the deadly April 3 gunfight between Naxals and security personnel near the Sukma-Bijapur border in Chhattisgarh.


Shankul Bhandare

Hello, I am shankul and I love defence research and development and want to spread it through blogging.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button
Translate »