- The Indian army paid a befitting tribute to Late Sowar Jilajeet Singh Yadav who made the supreme sacrifice on 12 Aug 2020 in South Kashmir. In a solemn ceremony at BB Cantt, Lt Gen BS Raju, Chinar Corps Commander, and all ranks paid homage to the Braveheart on behalf of the Proud Nation.
- Late Sowar Jilajeet Singh Yadav was leading his party when it came into contact with the terrorists during Operation Kamrazipora in Pulwama district. In the ensuing firefight, one terrorist was eliminated and Sowar Jilajeet Singh Yadav had a Gunshot wound. Despite being grievously injured, he continued to fight. He was subsequently evacuated to 92 Base Hospital, Srinagar where he eventually succumbed to his injuries.
- Late Sowar Jilajeet Singh Yadav was 25 years old and had joined the Army on 18 March 2014. He belonged to Village Ijari of Sadar Tehsil, Jaunpur District in Uttar Pradesh, and is survived by his wife, Smt Punam Devi.
- He was enrolled into the Armoured Corps, after completion of his training, he joined his parent unit 53 Armoured Regiment, where he proved his mettle by showing exemplary professionalism & commitment.
- He volunteered to be posted for Counter-Terrorist Operations in Rashtriya Rifles. This brave son of the soil displayed immense physical & mental strength until the end.
- The mortal remains of Late Sowar Jilajeet Singh Yadav were taken for last rites to his native place, where he would be laid to rest with full military honors. In this hour of grief, the Army salutes his sacrifice and stands in solidarity with the bereaved family.