Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) for Extended Naval Orientation course commencing Jan 2022 onwards at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala for under mentioned entries in the Indian Navy. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Selected candidates will undergo training with one of the following two distinct courses :-
(a) General Service (Executive) [GS (X)]
Educational Qualifications :
Who Can Apply :
Candidates who have graduated/post-graduated with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or are in the final year from a university incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITSER Act, 2007; IIIT Act, 2014, or; Obtained a degree in Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/college/institution recognised by the Government of India for the purpose or Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973, can apply. The candidate will, however, be required to fulfill the educational qualification stipulated above before joining INA. The candidate failing to meet stipulated educational criteria will not be permitted to join INA, Ezhimala.
Note : – (i) Candidates are advised to ascertain their eligibility for branch in respect to applicable medical standards, prior to submission of application. Only one application can be filled by a candidate.
(ii) Candidates must indicate their preference for other entry also if they wish to be considered for that entry. A candidate will not be considered for the entry that they have not selected.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Shortlisting of applications will be based on the preference of entries and marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree till the fifth semester.
- Candidates having a Naval ‘C’ certificate issued by the National Cadet Corps will be provided relaxation of 5% in cut-off marks for SSB shortlisting. However, at the time of extending the relaxation, the mandatory educational qualification of 60% marks in a qualifying degree will be required at the time of shortlisting of candidates and at subsequent stages of selection.
- No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- SSB interviews will be tentatively scheduled from Jul 21 onwards at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Visakhapatnam / Kolkata. Change of SSB Centre for an interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their shortlisting for SSB interview through e-mail or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/mobile number till the selection process is over.
How To Apply :
Candidates are to register and fill application on the Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in w.e.f 11 Jun 21. To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance.