- Pakistan is planning to use drones to drop bombs at the security establishments near the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir’s RS Pura and Samba sectors said BSF sources. It is learned that Pakistan spy agency ISI is also planning to pump in a consignment of drugs, arms, and ammunition inside India with the help of drones.
- It may be recalled that on June 20, a Pakistani drone loaded with a sophisticated rifle and some grenades were shot down by the BSF along the International Border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It was the first such incident in the Jammu region when a drone carrying arms and explosives was shot down by the BSF. A highly sophisticated rifle, two magazines, 60 rounds, and seven grenades were the payload on the drone meant to be delivered to Pakistani agents.
- In 2019, Punjab Police had recovered Pakistani drones which were used to airdrop arms and ammunition in border areas of the state. The BSF had also spotted many drones in Punjab along the International Border.
- On Saturday (August 21), the BSF shot down five intruders who were trying to infiltrate Indian territory from the Pakistan side in Punjab’s Tarn Taran district. The incident took place near Dal village of Bhikhiwind sub-division in the district. A rifle and a bag pack have been recovered from one of the slain intruders. Officials said the incident took place in the early hours when BSF personnel spotted some movement across the fence in the Tarn Taran district.
- According to BSF, the intruders were challenged and subsequently shot dead in an exchange of fire. Two bodies have been recovered along with a rifle. The area has been cordoned off and a search has been launched to retrieve the third body, officials said.