Set Up Emergency Facilities: Ministry Of Defense To PSU’s
The defence ministry has asked defence public sector units to set up emergency facilities across the country and directed them to divert funds under corporate social responsibility to set up oxygen facilities at government hospitals.
Officials said that PSUs like Bharat Dynamics Ltd, BEML Ltd, HAL, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd, Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd and MIDHANI have fast-tracked procurement of oxygen plants to deliver to local government hospitals in different states.
HAL is preparing a 250-bed facility in Bengaluru under CSR that will be handed over to local authorities, in addition to a 180-bed Covid care centre with ICU, oxygen and ventilator support that is already functional.
WHAT ARE DEFENCE PSU’S
DEFENCE PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS:
There are nine Central Public Sector Undertakings under the administrative control of the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence.
IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2015-16
- HAL is celebrating Platinum Jubilee on completion of 75 years of existence in 2015. Coinciding with the Platinum Jubilee Celebration, the major achievements in 2015-16 include core engine run of 25 KN turbofan engine (HTFE-25), Design and Development initiation of 1200 KW Turbo shaft engine, Inauguration of structural repair shop for Su-30 MKI ROH, Renovated heritage centres across HAL, New campus of HAL Management Academy and 2nd line of ALH production at TAD, Kanpur.
- Hon’ble Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for Hindustan Aeronautics Limited(HAL)’s new Helicopter Manufacturing Facility at Biderehalla Kaval, Gubbi Taluk, Tumakuru, about 100 km from Bengaluru, on January 3, 2016.
- Desired stall characteristics of Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) achieved, various types of trials completed. 17 spin test flights carried out and further spin trials are under process.
- 1st Flight (Tethered Flight) of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (RUAVs), which are remotely controlled by ground control stations, carried out on 16th Dec. ’15. In future these R-UAVs can be used for all kinds of missions deemed Dull, Dirty and Dangerous.
- Transport Aircraft Division, Kanpur, has been awarded ‘Production Organization Approval’ by DGCA for manufacture and ROH of Dornier Do -228 aircraft for civil sector. This will supplement HAL’s efforts to diversify into civil aviation sector.
- HAL has delivered the Orbiter Craft Module Structure to ISRO Satellite Centre (ISAC) on June 10, 2015 for the Mars Orbiter Mission (Mangalyan).