Indian Air Force
Meet Flying Officer Anurag Nain (Sword of Honour)
- Flying Officer Anurag Nain who passed out from Air Force Academy has been awarded the “Sword of Honour”.
- Nain, who stood first in the order of merit in his batch, has been commissioned into the IAF’s Flying Branch.
- He joined Indian Air Force Training Academy in January 2018 via NCC (National Cadet Corps) special entry scheme.
- Cadet Anurag Was a cadet at No 1 Delhi Air Squadron NCC from 2016-2018. Wg Cdr Sumeet Malhotra, Commanding Officer of the unit has described him as a very sincere, composed and dedicated trainee.
- Last year, Flying officer Ritwik Sethi, Lt Shashwat Dabaas and two more cadets of No. 1 Delhi Air Squadron NCC have joined the forces as officers.
- He displayed good skills from the first time he took to flying, his CO said. No. 1 Delhi Air Sqn has given a large number of officers to the Armed forces, including the present CO who was a cadet of this unit from 1990-1993.