The Indian Army on Monday issued a notification for the recruitment of ‘Agniveers’ under the Agnipath recruitment schemes.
“The registrations will be opened from July onwards by the respective Army Recruitment Offices (ARO) for Agniveer General Duty, Agniveer Technical, Agniveer Technical (aviation/ammunition examiner), Agniveer clerk/store keeper technical, Agniveer tradesman (10th pass) and Agniveer Tradesman (8th pass as per the ARO rally schedule),” the Army notification reads.
CLICK HERE TO READ FULL NOTIFICATION
Eligibility Criteria :
Service Of Agniveer :
- The service of Agniveers will commence from the date of enrolment.
- Agniveers would form a distinct rank in the IA, different from any other existing ranks.
- Leave, Uniform, Pay & Allowances during the service period of four years will be governed by orders and instructions in respect of such individuals issued by the Government of India (GoI) from time to time.
- Agniveeers will be liable to be assigned any duty in organisational interest, as decided from time to time.
- Personnel enrolled through Agniveers Scheme, will be required to undergo periodical medical check-ups and physical/ written/ field tests as governed by orders issued. The performance so demonstrated would be considered for a subsequent offer for enrolment in the Regular Cadre.
- Agniveers can be posted to any regiment/unit and can be further transferred in organisational interest.
Physical Fitness Test Criteria of Agniveers :
Grant of leave will be subject to exigencies of service. The following leave may be applicable for Agniveers during their engagement period:-
(a) Annual Leave – Up to 30 days per year.
(b) Sick Leave – Based on medical advice.
Benefits For Personnel Exiting At Four Years Of Service :
After completing four years of service (as applicable), the following benefits will be offered to the exiting individuals:-
(a) Seva Nidhi Package. On discharge at 4 years, the corpus of ₹5.02 lakhs will be matched by the GOI, an amount of ₹10.04 lakhs and accrued interest will be given to the Agniveers. In case of Agniveers who are subsequently selected for enrolment in IA as regular cadre, the “Seva Nidhi” package to be paid to them will comprise only their contribution including accrued interest thereon. In the case of Agniveers exiting
service before the end of their engagement period on their own request, the individual’s Seva Nidhi package, accumulated as on date, will be paid with the applicable rate of interest. In such cases, no Govt contribution to Seva Nidhi Package will be entitled. The “Seva Nidhi” will be exempt from Income Tax.
(b) ‘Agniveer’ Skill Certificate. At the end of the engagement period, a detailed skill set certificate will be provided to the Agniveers, highlighting the skills and level of competency acquired by the personnel during their engagement period.
(c) Class 12th Certificate. Agniveers who have been enrolled after qualifying Class 10th, a certificate for 12th(equivalent) will be given on completion of their four years engagement period, based on skills attained. Detailed instructions shall be issued separately.