An Army Personnel Martyred In Blast During Repair Of Howitzer Gun In Jabalpur
- An Army personnel was martyred and three of his colleagues were injured in an explosion during repair of a howitzer gun at the 506 Army Base Workshop in Madhya Pradesh' Jabalpur on Saturday, the police said.
- Havildar Kaluram Gurjar (38), an Army official from Rajasthan, was martyred when a nitrogen cylinder exploded, police said.
- Havildar Gurjar and others were fixing a howitzer gun when the accident took place, police official Dharmesh Dixit said.
- The three other personnel Havildar SP Mahanti, Nayak Ashwini Naidu and Nayak B Koteshwaria ,who were injured were admitted to the military hospital, he said.
- The 506 Army Base Workshop carries out maintenance and overhaul of guns including howitzers with recoil systems having gas cylinders attached, sources told news agency PTI.