2019: List Of Exercise of the Indian Army
Hello Defence Lovers, The Joint Military exercises with other countries are the major tool to expand the diplomatic interests of the nations to increase the realm of international relations and Military Exercise is one of the most important topics that is asked in the various exams. and if you are preparing for SSB Interview or you are going to face SSB Interview in upcoming months then it also becomes necessary for you. So in this article we are going to tell you about military exercise of the Indian Army which was held in 2019.
Participating Country: Russia
Indian Army Unit: 22 Grenadiers
Exercise TSENTR 2019 is part of the annual series of large scale exercises that form part of the Russian Armed Forces' annual training cycle. The series rotates through the four main Russian operational strategic commands. Russia holds a major military exercise every year at one of it’s four military Commands i.e Vostok (East), Zapad (West), TSENTR (Centre) and Kavkas (South). In 2019 it was held between 09 September to 23 September 19 at Donguz training ranges, Orenburg, Russia.
Yudh Abhyas 2019:
Participating Country: United States
Indian Army Unit: Assam Regiment
The joint military exercise, Yudh Abhyas 2019,was held on September 5, 2019, at the Joint Base Lewis Macard near Washington between India and USA. It is one of the biggest joint military exercise and defence corporation endeavours between India and the USA. Yudh Abhyas 2019 is the 15th edition of the joint military exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
Indian Army Unit: XIV Corps
In Sep 2019 Indian Army conducted Exercise Changthang Prahar, a rare exercise in Eastern Ladakh bordering China. Such massive exercise is held for the first time in the region. It was conducted at an altitude of 12,000 feet. The exercise involved the use of infantry, mechanized forces, T-72 tanks, with force multipliers such as artillery guns and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. The army's aviation assets were used. Para jumping of troops was also included in the exercise. Indian Army has recently inducted new weapon systems and high-tech equipment. The Indian air force also roped in the exercise. The military drill saw the massive deployment of soldiers in Eastern Ladakh. The drill also included war-waging techniques to prepare for any threat in the region. As part of Exercise Changthang Prahar, the code name for the massive military drill, Indian Army's infantry, mechanized infantry, artillery, armoured regiments and paratroopers gave a display of their capabilities.
- XVII Corps,
- IV Corps
The Indian Army Conducts routine military exercises every year. Exercise HIM VIJAY was one such endeavour. It was conducted to validate operational capabilities of our combat formations. Training exercises are conducted from within available resources and funds. The exercise was an all Arms exercise and approximately a Division strength participated. During the last three years, about 72 joint exercises were conducted by Army, 39 by Navy, 21 by Air Force and 2 Tri-Service Exercises were conducted. Exercise ‘Him Vijay' 2019 was begun from 7 -10 October and the other phase was from 20- 24 October." It was conducted at High Altitude Areas of Arunachal Pradesh along LAC.
Participating Country: United States
- United States Army Special Forces
- Indian Army Para SF
The 10th edition of the joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar 2019’ between India and the US was held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle, US from 13-28 October 2019. ‘Vajra Prahar’ is a Special Forces joint training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US. Last year, the exercise had taken place in Jaipur. Vajra Prahar' is a Special Forces joint training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US. Bilateral military exercises and defence exchanges are an important aspect of deepening bilateral defence cooperation between India and the US.
Dharma Guardian 2019
Participating Country: Japan
- Dogra Regiment
- 34th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF)
- The second edition of bilateral annual military exercise Dharma Guardian - 2019 between Indian and Japanese Army was conducted at Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS) Vairengte, Mizoram from 19 Oct 2019 to 02 Nov 2019. The Japanese contingent was represented by 34th Infantry Regiment, 1st Division of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF), while the Indian side was represented by a battalion of the Dogra Regiment. 25 soldiers from each battalion are participating in this joint exercise.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018. Notably, in the series of military training exercises undertaken by India with various countries Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN with Japan is crucial and significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism. The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on counter terrorism operations in jungle and urban scenario.
Participating Country: Kazakhstan
- The 4th edition of annual military exercise KAZIND 2019 between India and Kazakhstan army was conducted at Pithoragarh from 03 oct -15 oct 2019. The aim of exercise is joint training of troops in Counter Insurgency/ Counter Terrorism operations in both Jungle and Mountainous terrain. Exercise KAZIND 2019 can be termed as a facade of long standing strategic ties between India and Kazakhstan.
- XXI Corps
- IX Corps
- Exercsie ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ was conducted in the deserts of Rajasthan from 20 october to5 december 2019. More than 40,000 troops has been participate in an all-arms battle array of Divisions and Brigades carrying out offensive operations in deserts. The Exercise underscores Indian Army’s resolve to implement integrated launch of Strike Corps in developed and desert terrain in unison with its clear pro-active strategy using Integrated Battle Groups (IBGs) along the Western Front. The IBGs are the new formations being raised by force for warfighting in future. The exercise is unique in scope as well as scale.
Participating Country: France
- 21 The Sikh Regiment
- French Army
- The bilateral training Shakti 2019 was conducted at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Range from 31 October 2019 to 13 November, with the French Army troops arriving in India on 26 October 2019. A contingent of the Sikh Regiment of Sapta Shakti Command represented the Indian Army in this exercise, while the French Army delegation was composed of troops of the 21st Marine Infantry Regiment of the 6th Armoured Brigade.
Participating Country: United States
- Indian Army-19 Madras,7 Guards.
- Indian Navy-INS Jalashwa,INS Airavat & INS Sandhayak.
- IAF-MI 17& Rapid Action Medical Team (RAMT)
- USMC-Third Marine Division
- US Navy-USS Germantown,
- Tiger Triumph is a bilateral tri-service amphibious military exercise involving the armed forces of India and the United States. It is the first tri-service military exercise between the two countries. India has previously only held tri-service exercises with Russia. Tiger Triumph 2019 was Conducted at Eastern Seaboard (Kakinada) & (Visakhapatnam) from 13-21 November 2019.
Hand in Hand 2019
Participating Country: China
- Indian Army
- Tibet Military Command
- A joint military exercise between India and China was condcuted at Umroi Cantonment, Meghalaya .It is an annual military exercise held under a United Nations mandate. The exercise which was held December 7-20 included firing from one another’s weapons, conduct of tactical lectures and demonstrations on various aspects of counterterrorism operations by both contingents.
- The module also included physical training activities, battle obstacle courses and games, special heliborne operations and case studies of various operations carried out in counterterror environment. Close to 250 military personnel participated in the exercise that lasted for two weeks.
- The joint military exercise "Hand-in-Hand" was started in the year 2007 in Kunming (China), its second edition was held in Belgaum, Karnataka in India. But it was stopped for the next few years. Later, in 2013, the practice resumed after five years.