Apply Now: CDS (1) 2020 Notification Released
Hello Defence Lovers, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has release the official notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) I, 2020 exam on its official site www.upsc.gov.in. With the release of notification, the online application process has also started. This year, there are a total of 418 vacancies.
|Date of Notification||30/10/2019|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||02/02/2020|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||19/11/2019 - 6:00pm|
|Date of Upload||30/10/2019|
|Indian Military Academy||Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.|
|Indian Naval Academy||Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.|
|Indian Air Force Academy||20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2001) only are eligible.|
|Officers' Training Academy||unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2002 only are eligible.|
|Officers' Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1996 and not later than 1st January, 2002.|
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
A candidate should be:
- The Citizenship of India, or
- The subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or
- Tibetan refugee who had been migrated to India before January 01, 1962 with the intention of Permanent Settle, or
- An individual of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zambia, Zaire & Vietnam for permanent settle purpose in India.
How to Apply
- Visit official site upsconline.nic.in/ and Click "ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC".
- In the Page click on column "Click Here for PART I भाग- I के लिए यहां क्लिक करें" against Combined Defence Services Examination (II)
- Under the section of PART I read the instruction carefully and in the Bottom click on Yes / हां.
- Now the Application form will be appeared, fill your personal and contact details.
- Select the preference for the academies as per age & qualification.
- Now continue to next step. The Registration ID would be generated.
- The candidates should then head to "Part II" of the application form.
- Next step is to deposit the fee of ₹ 200/-.
- Once the fee payment is done, select the desired examination centre.
- Upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the file size & dimensions specified in the official notification.
- Click to "Submit".
- Print/ Download the application form for future use.
- The fees for the CDS application form is ₹ 200/-
- SC/ST/Females are exempted from fee payment.
- The payment submission is available in both offline and online mode.
- The payment can be done via Net Banking, Mastercard/Debit Card or cash deposit in any branch of SBI Bank.
For Official Notification, CLICK HERE
The exam of Indian Naval Academy/Indian Military Academy/Indian Air Force comprises of 3 papers, which carry a total of 300 marks. The total duration of each exam is 2 hours
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
The exam of Officer Training Academy (OTA) consists of 2 subjects with a total of 200 Marks. The duration of the two exams is 4 hours (2 hours for each exam).
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|