CHECK NOW: CDS 1 2020 Eligibility, Notification & Exam Date
Hello Defence Lovers, The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination twice in a year. It is a national level entrance exam for selecting the eligible candidates in Defence Services. The candidates who want to join the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy, can apply online for CDS exam. Candidates have to practice hard to qualify this exam because it is a tough exam to crack. A large number of applicants aspiring to join Indian Defence Services appears in this exam each year. With this article we will provide relevant information in respect of CDS 2020 exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus.
|Online application form submission starts from||30th October 2019|
|Last date of application form date||19th November 2019|
|Admit card download date||January 2020|
|Date of exam||2nd February 2020|
|Result date Announced||May 2020|
For IMA & INA: 2nd January 1997 to 1st January 2002
For AFA: 2nd January 1997 to 1st January 2001
For OTA: 2nd January 1996 to 1st January 2002
- For Indian Military Academy (IMA): Candidate should have a graduation degree from any recognized University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy (AFA): Candidate should have a graduation degree (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech.)
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): Candidate should have an Engineering degree from a recognized University/Institution
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA): Candidate should have a graduation degree from any recognized University/Institution
- OBC category and General category candidates applying for examination need to pay Rs 200/.
- Fee charges are not applicable for SC/ST and any of the Female candidates
- SC/ST and Female candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
Selection of candidates will be based on some important components such as Written Exam, SSB Interview, Document verification and Medical report of the candidates.
- Written Examination- This is the first & foremost stage of CDS selection procedure. The applicants will have to qualify in this stage to take part in the next stage of the selection procedure
- SSB Interview- the Personal interview is the 2nd stage of the selection procedure of CDSE and only the qualified applicants of the written exam will be eligible to take part in this stage. This stage consists of various activities to shortlist the deserving applicants such as Group discussion, Group activities, Interview.
- Documents Verification- The successful applicants of the personal interview will be called for documents verification stage. The selected applicants will have to show their relevant documents to the selection authority.
- Medical Examination- Medical examination is the final but very important stage of selection. In this stage, the applicants will be tested on their physical fitness. The applicants will have to qualify this final stage of the selection procedure in order to get selected in CDSE
- The written exam will be organized in offline mode.
- The paper will comprise questions from Elementary Mathematics, English, and General Knowledge subjects.
- There will be negative marking in this entrance exam.
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
- The total marks allotted for the written examination for admission to IMA, INA, and AFA is 300 marks.
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
- The written examination for admission to officers training academy will be of 200 marks.
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
ALL THE VERY BEST FROM DEFENCEXP